编辑：乐闻携尔 来源： 乐闻携尔 发布时间：2016-07-21
在University of California-Berkeley 加州大学伯克利校区就读是怎样一番体验，【携尔留学】给大家翻译整理了加州大学伯克利校区的留学体验，以供参考。
1.Academics: I love the professor at this school. They are all very well experienced in their field and offer up a lot of advice and knowledge. The course load is heavy and there is a lot to take in but the classes themselves are great.
2.Academics: Professors are very thorough and also make sure you understand the material. The workload is intense but once you figure out how to adjust to it, you'll be fine.
3.Academics: It is actually very hard to be practically any major here at Berkeley. Students are very competitive, not in the sense that they try to run you over, but in the sense that everyone here is so intrinsically motivated to be the best.
4.Academics: Professors at Cal are world-renowned. They really are inspiring and incredibly knowledgeable. That said, Cal is really tough. This is especially true for STEM majors, where classes are curved and not everyone can get an A. In fact, many people will get Cs. Sometimes your moral will be low, but you will build character for sure. Also, professors will also tell you that it's okay to get a C and you are more than your grades. If you put in the work, you can excel here.
5.Majors: I haven't declared yet and it took me a while to be sure that I want to be a public health major. So now I'm focusing on getting the required classes out of the way. They are very clear-cut and easy to understand. I know what I need to do and I have my mind set on doing it.
6.Majors: At first, I was going to go into Public Health, but then I started to look into Sociology and I found it more interesting. UC Berkeley has a wide range of programs/academic fields for students to explore. We are also highly ranked in almost all of our programs.
7.Diversity: Berkeley is a diverse community, however political beliefs tend to be liberal. Also, there are plenty of Asians and Caucasians, but not a significant number of people in other ethnic groups.
8.Diversity: At Berkeley, you will find every type of person imaginable. I have met countless people from new and unknown backgrounds. Diversity is one thing Berkeley is definitely not missing, which helps in shaping a well-rounded world-view.
9.Diversity: There is a lot of ethnic diversity. People say that everyone at Berkeley is Asian, but Asian includes Korean, Chinese, Japanese, etc. There is some political diversity, though I think most people are liberal haha As for economic background...I think it varies.
10.Athletics: I was on the women's rowing team for a semester but had to stop due to an injury. The doctors are very helpful and are on top of everything. The athlete only gym is also very clean and has everything you could ever dream of. Cal does a very good job at taking care of their athletes. Also intramural sports are really easy to join and are very fun and low commitment.
11.Athletics: Intramurals are very popular and really fun! There are also club teams for people who miss the level of competition (or a higher level) they had in high school and the feeling of being on a serious team. Varsity Sports are pretty intense and some are the best in the country, (aka Missy Franklin is on the swim team) however I don't think that going to games is a big part of campus life. The workout facilities are average to good and you get free group exercise classes with your membership which is awesome.
体育：校内体育活动很受欢迎也很有趣。对于那些错失竞争比赛机会（或者更高水平）的人，学校为他们提供了这样一种俱乐部来参加，那也感觉像是正式的队伍一样。有很多种的体育活动也是相当有强度，有些是全国最好的体育项目（ Missy Franklin就在游泳队里），但我还是觉得体育比赛是校园生活很大的一部分。健身设施平均都很好，你可以会员的身份组团免费进行锻炼，这真的很好。
12. Campus Food: Lots of options out there, undoubtedly. That said, they aren't always the best/most diverse. Honestly, I'm sure the campus food quality is on par with every other college out there, but the sheer amazingness of off-campus dining overshadows Cal's most sincere efforts.
13.Campus Food: The dining halls are not great, but its really awesome being able to use meal points at Peet's coffee. Also, meal points can be used at Bear Market, where you can basically buy any groceries you need. I have the standard meal plan and I still have a lot of points left over.
14. Campus Housing: I lived in Unit 1 and thought it was perfect for dorm housing. Super close to campus, good dining hall, small gym and music room downstairs, very safe, friendly and helpful staff, and I made some great friends. I was in a triple room and all of our stuff fit just fine. My roommates and I got along but weren't the best of friends.
15.Campus Housing: Living in the dorms re a great convenience because it allows for the students to be close to campus. It also allows students to meet new people from different backgrounds and helps with networking.
16.Campus Housing: I really love the dorms. The one I live in is a block from campus and is close to all sorts of cool things. It's a great way to meet people and I love that I always have company available if I want it. They're also a lot more spacious and clean than I expected.
17. Guys & Girls: There are a variety of people on campus that balances the overall diversity. Some people are exceptionally driven from their past academics, sports, music, or other achievements in their lives. Some people are here to fit into campus, as they felt like an outcast back in high school. And some people, are just here to have some fun. But whatever their main goal is, every person has some kind of belief in them that they live by, and creates a unique balance on campus. As a competitive karate athlete who devoted everything to academics and karate, I had a very narrow perspective when I first came to this school, because I felt that no one would understand my motivation, passion, pressure, stress, and the almost overwhelming joy that I feel from the sport. However, to be here at UC Berkeley, I learned that though it may be in many different shapes and/or forms of expression, that people all had an unique past will drive and passion to get here, and achieve amazing things in their lives now and in the future.
18. Health & Safety: I always feel safe on campus, and have yet to experience or witness any kind of crime. Though I have heard about crimes committed at times, I feel the campus police and administration are doing a good job of responding to danger and criminal activity.
19.Administration: The administration is very good at their job. Students here are not afraid to protest about anything they do not agree with and the administration is good at negotiating with students.
20.Administration: In my experience Berkeley is not overly strict, nor is it too lenient. Students live up to Berkeley's reputation for being progressive, social activists.
21. Transportation: As a Berkeley student, you'll probably end up using the Berkeley shuttle, the AC transit, and the Bart. The Berkeley Shuttle is free for all students and the AC transit is free as long as you remember to get a sticker for your ID which permits free rides on the busing system. The bart will cost money, but is only used to get to places like San Francisco.
交通：作为伯克利的学生，你能用的交通工具有校车，AC交流运输，还有Bart这种方式。伯克利校车对所有学生都是免费的， AC交通运输 只有你记得给自己的学生证做了“允许免费乘坐巴士系统”的标签以后才能免费乘坐；Bart是要付费的，但是只在去像圣弗朗西斯科这样的地方才用得着。
22.Transportation: Mostly everything within walking distance. AC transit or BART are always available if you need to go further, although the 51B line isn't always dependable.
23. Local Area: I love living in Berkeley. I'm only 20 minutes away with the BART to get to one of the most vibrant cities in the country. Directly in Berkeley there is plenty to do and amazing ethnic food. Lots of hikes and shopping.
24. Local Area: There are museums and cultural attractions. The safety is pretty average. Shopping is decent. There are parks and recreation centers. The locals are friendly toward students